March Madness Basketball Krispie Treats
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Mallow Oats cereal
- Orange food coloring
- Black frosting, black candy melts, or chocolate chips
- Circular cookie cutter
- Piping bag
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large pan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted add 6 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir together and just before the marshmallows are melted add in the food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Remove from heat and stir in Mallow Oats cereal. Stir together until cereal is barley coated with marshmallow mixture. Now stir in remaining 2 cups of marshmallows.
- Pour into prepared pan and press evenly into pan.
- Allow to completely cool before using the cookie cutter to cut out the basketballs.
- If using candy melts or chocolate chips to decorate, place 1-1 & 1/2 cups of chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments until melted.
- Place the frosting or melted chocolate into a piping bag.